City Improvement Programs
STOREFRONT Improvement Program
The Storefront Improvement Program encourages commercial building owners in Business Improvement Areas to invest in storefront renovations and storefront refreshment by providing matching grants to cover a portion of renovation costs.
This program is intended to:
- Make city streets a more inviting and interesting place to walk and shop
- Help building owners attract and retain tenants
- Build civic pride among the local business community
- Contribute to the quality of life of residents, workers, and visitors
- Improve the marketability of the local business area
Exterior improvements funded by the program help businesses make a better first impression, showcase merchandise and services, and attract new customers.
The Development Incentive Program exists to encourage property owners in Business Improvement Areas, like The North Edge, to invest in higher density residential and/or commercial development through financial incentives, in order to assist in the revitalization of main street commercial areas.
Financial incentives may be provided to property owners who invest in new development, redevelopment, and/or conversion of their properties for Mixed-use, Multi-unit Residential, and/or eligible Retail and Commercial Use Storefront occupancy.